School Site Council
What is a School Site Council?
WHAT IS A SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL?
A School Site Council is a decision-making group of parents and school staff that has as its major responsibility the development, implementation, and evaluation of the School Plan for Improvement and budget.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL?
The purpose of the School Site Council is to encourage improvements in the school to meet the educational, personal, and career needs of all the students at the school through a collaborative decision-making process.
WHAT IS THE MEMBERSHIP OF A SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL AND HOW ARE MEMBERS SELECTED?
- One-half of the Council members are school staff; the majority of this group must be classroom teachers.
- One-half of the Council members are parents.
- In order to meet legal requirements, at least 10 members must be on the School Site Council at the elementary level.
- Each group selects its own members:
- Classroom teachers select teachers.
- Other school staff selects other school staff.
- Parents select parents.
WHAT DOES A SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL DO?
- The Council meets 4-5 times per year and conducts business meetings; records of agendas, minutes, and rosters of attendance are available for public review when requested.
- The Council plans and develops the written School Plan for Improvement, implements the plan, and monitors the activities and budget.
- The Council evaluates the effectiveness and quality of the School Improvement Program each year.
WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL MEMBER
- Attend all meetings.
- Become knowledgeable of the school, its students, and its programs.
- Attend training for School Site Council members.
- Understand and follow state regulations, District policies, and Council by-laws.
- Value site-based decision-making and parent-staff interaction.
February 13, 2024
April 23, 2024
Click on date to access meeting agenda.
Michele McCabe, principal
Kelly Grimes, teacher
Desiree Caballero, teacher
Marisela Villarrial, teacher
Amy Kidd, parent
Beatriz Ramirez, parent
Robin Gonzales, parent
Celina Ventura, parent
Aimee Penoyer, staff